Saturday, September 12, 2015

My fall season preview



As a freelance writer, one of my handful of clients is CultureSource, a professional association comprised of 115+ arts and culture organizations in seven counties of Southeast Michigan. I'm hired on occasion to produce content for its website, IXITI, which is billed as "the Experience Engine for Southeast Michigan: one central place to see arts and cultural events happening in Detroit, Ann Arbor and beyond." Think of it as EncoreMichigan.com, but on steroids, as it covers a wide variety of

As you might imagine, I'm asked to write about what's happening in our theaters - and my most recent assignment was to highlight what I believe are the top five events happening in our theaters this fall. As you can imagine, it's not easy to choose from 70 or more shows that are opening throughout the months of September and October - but I did, selecting programs from throughout the area and from theaters large and small. (I included an additional dozen or so shout-outs, as well.)


But unlike last year's fall preview, my top five centered around a specific theme: anniversaries. Why? Because several of our theaters are celebrating special birthdays this season, and Detroit will also witness the birth of what could become one of its major institutions.


So what, then, are my top five?  Find out by clicking here. And then be on the lookout in November when IXITI and I will reveal the top holiday shows of the season...

No comments:

Post a Comment